Alcohol & Drugs
- Alcohol consumption in Muslim regions of the world (Middle East and North Africa) increased by 25% in 5 years.
- In 2007, Afghanistan produced an extraordinary 8,200 tonnes of opium (93% of the global opiates market).
- Saudi Arabia is the world’s 6th largest consumer of anti-impotence drugs, demand is 10 times that of Russia.
- In 2010 Malaysia was the world's tenth largest consumer of alcohol. (read more)
- 4 out of 5 Middle-Eastern women are sexually abused between the ages of 3 and 6 by family members.
- More than half of all Yemeni girls are married before reaching puberty.
- About 1 in 10 pregnancies in the Arab world ends in abortion. In Pakistan every 6th pregnancy is terminated.
- 94% of Yemeni children (2-14 yrs) subjected to violence from a parent or guardian. (read more)
Crime & Prejudice
- 2011 Pew study finds Muslims are more "phobic" of non-Muslims than the non-Muslims are "Islamophobic" of Muslims.
- According to FBI 2008 statistics, anti-Muslim incidents in the US are dropping and only account for 1.3% of all hate crimes.
- Jewish victims of hate crimes in the US outnumber Muslim victims by a 10-1 ratio.
- Anti-Christian hate crime incidents outnumber anti-Muslim incidents in the US. (read more)
- Turkey has more journalists in prison than any other country in the world, almost double that of China and Iran.
- 40% of Indonesian Muslims say they would use violence against those blaspheming Islam.
- 78% of British Muslims support punishing people who publish cartoons mocking the Prophet Muhammad.
- Since 1990, 52 people accused of blasphemy in Pakistan have been extra-judicially killed by lynch mobs. (read more)
- Homosexual relationships, acts or behavior illegal in 36 Islamic countries. 10 impose the death penalty for homosexuals.
- As of 1999 in Iran, more than 4000 lesbians and gays had been executed since the 1979 Islamic revolution.
- Two thirds of all reported incidents of anti-gay violence in Amsterdam are by Muslim youths.
- A 2009 Gallup survey could not find a single UK Muslim who approved of homosexuality. (read more)
- Iran has the lowest mosque attendance of any Muslim country, with less than 2% of adults attending Friday services.
- 25% of UK mosques have extremist literature calling for the beheading of lapsed Muslims etc.
- Almost 80 percent (3 out of every 4) of US mosques preach anti-West extremism.
- Mosque attendance is dropping faster than church attendance in the Netherlands. (read more)
- Only 3% of the world's Muslims live in "more-developed regions, such as Europe, N. America, Australia, New Zealand and Japan".
- Pew study finds Islam loses as many adherents via conversion as it gains. Growing numbers only due to high birth rate etc.
- Muslim population of France only 12%, yet they make up 60 to 70% of all inmates in France's prisons.
- 75% of new Muslim converts in the US leave Islam within a few years. (read more)
Ramadan & Eid
- Productivity of Arab businesses drops by 78%, and there are increases in blood crimes (+1.5%) and theft (+3.5%)
- Child trafficking increases in Yemen during Ramadan as food prices rise and parents struggle to provide for their children.
- In the Netherlands alone, which has only a million Muslims, 100,000 animals were slaughtered in 2010 for Eid al-Adha.
- Number of Jakarta prostitutes caught increased from 94, before Ramadan , to 264 during it. (read more)
- There are 164 Jihad verses in the Qur'an & nearly 500 verses (roughly 1 out of every 12) that speak of Hell.
- Practicing Muslims recite anti-Semitic & anti-Christian rhetoric at least 17 times a day, and over 5,000 times a year.
- Compared to Mein Kampf, the non-abrogated Medinan verses of the Qur'an contain more than 2x the amount of anti-Jewish text.
- 122 peaceful Qur'anic verses have been abrogated by the Sword verse (9:5) and Fighting verse (9:29). (read more)
- Africans taken (or died in the process of being taken) as slaves by Muslims is estimated to be higher than 140 million.
- 1.25 million white European Christians were captured and sold into the Muslim slave trade between the 16th and 19th century.
- The Islamic slave trade still flourishes in Muslim countries. There are over half a million slaves in Mauritania alone.
- Christian Solidarity International (CSI) has liberated over 80,000 Sudanese slaves taken captive by Arab Muslims. (read more)
- In terms of cultural/tribal/religious danger to women, 4 of the 5 most dangerous countries are Muslim majorities.
- Egyptian women are sexually harassed 7 times every 200 meters and well over two-thirds are harassed on a daily basis.
- The Maldives, an Islamic country with a 100% Muslim population, has the highest divorce rate in the world.
- Egyptian study contradict widely held belief that unveiled women are more likely to suffer harassment than veiled ones. (read more)
- Pew survey finds all 7 Muslim-majority nations polled have a negative opinion of Jews (2-9% positive).
- Antisemitic incidents around the world more than doubled in 2009 over the previous year.
- Pew survey finds 100% of Jordanians have either "somewhat unfavorable" or "very unfavorable" views of Jews.
- Most violent attacks on Jews in Western Europe comes from people of Arab/Muslim heritage. (read more)
- 2011 Pew poll finds 1 out of every 10 Muslim American thinks President Obama is really a Muslim.
- 46% of UK Muslims believe "the Jewish community in Britain is in league with the Freemasons to control the media and politics."
- 64% in Egypt, Morocco, Pakistan, and Indonesia believe it is US foreign policy to spread Christianity in the Middle-East.
- Most Muslims in all 8 nations polled in 2011 believe 9/11 attacks were not by Arabs (57-75%). (read more)
Education & Employment
- Under the Ottoman empire, worldwide Muslim literacy rates were only 2 to 3% in the early nineteenth century.
- 6 out of 10 Muslims worldwide still cannot read (as opposed to only 2 out of 10 people in "Christendom")
- Nearly 1 in 3 people in the Arab world are illiterate, including nearly half of all women.
- Muslims in Denmark make up 5% of the population but receive 40% of social-welfare outlays. (read more)
Health & Disability
- A rough estimate shows that close to half of all Muslims in the world are inbred.
- Muslim countries have the highest obesity rates among women and 70% of women in the Gulf states are obese.
- 21 out of 22 countries most affected by birth defects per 1000 live births are Muslim majority countries.
- Almost a 1/4 of Muslims say they would only donate an organ if it was going to another Muslim. (read more)
- 91 percent of all honor-related killings around the world are carried out by Muslims (84% in US, 96% in Europe).
- The number of honor killings in Pakistan are estimated to be around 2,500 to 3,000 cases every year.
- Nearly 3,000 honor attacks mainly carried out against Muslim women were recorded by British police in 2010.
- More than two-thirds of all murders in the Gaza Strip and West Bank are honor killings. (read more)
- There are 7 countries in the world where the state can execute you for being atheist. Every single one is officially Islamic.
- 9 of the top 10 persecutors of Christians are Islamic countries. Of the top 50 countries, only 12 have a source other than Islam.
- Turkey tops list of countries violating the European Convention on Human Rights (ECHR) for 3 consecutive years.
- As of 2010, Indonesia had over 150 religiously motivated regulations restricting minorities’ rights. (read more)
- Google survey finds mostly Muslim states seek access to sex-related websites (they rank 1, 2, 4, 5, 7 & 8 in the top 10).
- Iranians made the highest number of visits to "immoral sites" on Ashura Day.
- Approximately 2 million online users watch pornographic films each minute in Turkey.
- Pakistan ranked No. 1 in searches for "child sex," "animal sex," "rape sex," "camel sex," "dog sex," "rape video." (read more)
- OIC countries have 8.5 scientists/engineers/technicians per 1,000 population, whilst the world average is 40.7.
- Survey of religious (and irreligious) American physicians finds Muslim physicians are least likely to accept evolution.
- Only 8% of Egyptians, 11% of Malaysians, and 22% of Turks agree that Darwin’s theory is probably or most certainly true.
- 46 Muslim countries contribute 1.17% to world science literature, compared to 1.66% by India and 1.48% by Spain. (read more)
- 1 out of 3 British Muslims aged 16 to 24 believe that Muslim apostates should be executed.
- Majority of worlds Muslims favor changing laws in their countries to allow stoning/amputation for "crimes", and death for apostasy.
- Only 26% of Muslims in Turkey say they would adhere to laws passed by Parliament if it contradicted religious laws.
- Poll finds neither education nor age explains attitudes toward the role of Shari’ah in legislation. (read more)
- 2012 report finds the majority of world's terrorism committed by Muslims. Almost 9000 deaths caused by Sunni terrorists in 2011.
- Esposito/Mogahed find almost 4 out of 10 Muslims worldwide are extremists who think 9/11 was totally/partially/somewhat justified.
- More than 95% of all suicide bombing attacks conducted worldwide are carried out by Muslims.
- 2011 Study finds no link between poverty and support for militant Islamic groups. (read more)
- Poll of 27 countries find Western Muslims remain faithful to countries of origin (France 80%, UK 82%, & Germany 71%).
- 7 of the top 10 'World’s Most Influential Muslims' are "Islamists". And another is a supporter of Islamists.
- Skepticism of Muslim immigration spread across the entire political spectrum, no longer limited to "right-wing" political fringe.
- Outreach to the Arab world fails: US less popular under Obama than the last year of the Bush administration. (read more)