No problem. Glad to have you on board. You can submit ideas for articles but we will need to see more contributions from you, and then we will grant you that privilege. --Asmith (talk) 22:08, 27 November 2020 (UTC)
Possibly incorrect permissions for new users
Hey ASmith. We talked via email a week or two back.
I'm getting around WikiIslam, and I noticed that the novice users page creation permissions appear to be set up incorrectly.
You can also create sandboxes under your username such as User:Your username/Sandbox 1 if you expect yourself to be the only editor of the page.
I go to User:Graves/Sandbox_1, which I cannot edit. If I go to https://wikiislam.net/wiki/User:Graves/Sandbox_1&action=edit , I get
You do not have permission to create this page, for the following reason: You do not have permission to create new pages.
The same applies for UNcreated (yet) Wiki sandbox pages such as WikiIslam:Sandbox/Hello
HOWEVER, this isn't the case for,
- User_talk:Graves/Sandbox_1 (user talk sandbox page - NOTICE, not the User:Graves/Sandbox_1 )
- User_talk:Asmith/Sandbox_1 (yours, not mine, user talk sandbox page)
- WikiIslam:Sandbox/Muslimské_statistiky (someone's written, already created, sandbox page)
- User:Asmith (yes, I can edit your user-page page)
I think this is a mis-confuration, so I let you know.
- Thanks for bringing this up. It needs to be fixed and I updated the public sandbox for now to make it clear that new users should request these pages to be made for them for now (once made, new users can edit these without admin approval). I made three of them for you at your preferred url: https://wikiislam.net/wiki/User:Graves/Sandbox_1, https://wikiislam.net/wiki/User:Graves/Sandbox_2, https://wikiislam.net/wiki/User:Graves/Sandbox_3
- Let me know if you need anything else. IbnPinker (talk) 18:59, 2 June 2021 (UTC)