This page lists tasks that need to be done. Some of the tasks listed below may be out-dated and no longer suitable for the site. So please let us know of what tasks may interest you before you begin work on them. If you have any questions about a certain task, please ask on the talk page.
Inclusion of an article, project or concept on this page does not necessarily mean that it is acceptable for the site. Content still has to be evaluated for suitability on the site. During evaluation content may be partially or wholly edited or removed.
- 1 Expansion/Improvement
- 2 Create Content
- 3 Multi-Article Tasks
- 4 Image Editing/Creation
- 5 Routine Tasks
- 6 Former Muslim Updates
- 7 Translations
- 8 Tasks for Articles in Other Languages
- 9 Temporary to do tasks
- 10 Site improvement
- 11 See Also
Topics listed here are of high importance and their reasons for importance are mentioned below:
- Debating Guide - directed towards non-Muslims who are debating Islam. General advice, how to use this site in debates, common types of attitudes seen from the other side and how to deal with it, rejecting a link because it's a wiki, anti-Islamic or "hate" (also link to FAQ, or summarize those questions)
Importance: Our site contains a lot of knowledge. People can learn better debating techniques for Islam related topics when using our information or information from any other valid source
- Islam - Rewrite existing article in a similar vein to Wikipedia's article. The existing content can be moved, deleted or merged with other pages. Article should be optimized for translation (include partial quotes) as it will be the first article to be used for translations. It will give an overview of Islam, cover important information from all Core articles and also contain other information like Muslim Statistics. Use less quote boxes if possible and include quotes in the references. Check Site map for possible additions and redirect WikiIslam:Sandbox/All about Islam to Islam after including any useful information from that article. Split topics into multiple pages (core topics) using a menu on the right.
Importance: (a) This will be the first series of article to be translated into any language. (b) This is an important article because it is linked on almost every page.
- Islamophobia - (Sandbox for temporary article work) term still being used by apologetics to attack legitimate criticism of Islam. Some good points raised here: Anglophobia or Islamophobia & here: How the Term "Islamophobia" Got Shoved Down Your Throat. Analyze the Runnymede's definition of the term. Other sources: Wikipedia, and one of the old revisions (sample revision, page history, see for removal/change of content), Rationalwiki. Also see this section.
Importance: This term is used to silence criticism of Islam.
- Suicide Bombing in Islam - add additional evidence from .
Importance: This topic is discussed very often.
- The Ramadan Pole Paradox - Rewrite into a normal and serious article, getting rid of the Q&A format. This is an old article that covers a very important issue. Unfortunately it's age is showing. It's style would no longer be acceptable for new articles created on the site.
- Check all contributions by User:Lemming to the Muslim Statistics series (especially his additions to the science page).
- Scientific Errors in the Qur'an - high traffic page (top 10), often linked by people, needs review and the under construction template taken out.
Responses to Apologetics
These articles need strengthening and examination of any rebuttals:
- The Story of Umm Qirfa: needs additional references from the original sources used in the comic. Contact arabic language people and ask them to translate the arabic text used in the comic strip. Deal with this rebuttal  in a "Responses to Apologetics" section.
- Muhammad Drank and Performed Ablution with Wine: Expand and get more information about Wine/alcohol related items (verify hadiths from original sources): Did Muhammad ever drink Alcohol?. This link was found in this Youtube video so check it for additional information. Additional links to check:  and hadith modified to say milk instead of wine/nabeez - create new pages if needed. Respond to  and others (if needed)
- Need a "Responses to Apologetics" section for Qur'an and Semen Production (Qur'an 86:7)  (see bottom)
- Mistranslated Qur'anic Verses - A complete rewrite. Should resemble Misinterpreted Qur'anic Verses once finished.
- Mistranslations of Qur'an 67:5 - Somehow add the supporting evidence for the literal translation (here)
- Rewrite and expand Good stuff in the Quran (removing it from the Humor category) or open a new article titled Good Teachings in the Quran?, refuting all of the "positives". E.g. "Give charity" is limited to Muslims only, "Be good to family" is limited to Muslim family members, "Don't be racist" Muhammad refers to blacks as Raisin heads, etc.
- Add more references for the statements made in Diacritical Marks of the Qur'an.
- Qur'an and the Big Bang - add additional refutation for example Arabic analysis of verse 51:46 (check  for Muslim arguments)
- Quran and Semen Production - evaluate text at: WikiIslam:Sandbox/Saved Texts. Arguments need to be made generic and not specific for a certain website (as seen here). Also add medical references if possible to support claims.
Jihad and Violence
- Add the information here to the relevant stats and punishment pages
- Jyllands-Posten Muhammad Cartoons Controversy - See talk page
- Armenian Genocide
- Muhammad's Raids and Battles
- The Meaning of Qatal - Possible rewrite to include more information. Useful links: , .
- The Genocide of Banu Qurayza - rewrite to improve tone, style and accuracy
- Honor Related Violence - rewrite and cover all texts and arguments that encourage it. Interesting links: , 
- Add info on marital rape to Rape. e.g. . Gather relevant hadiths or fatwas (wife must have sex or angels will curse her, etc)
- Polygamy in Islam - Needs a complete rewrite to adhere to our policies and guidelines. Include information from the ScienceDaily article on the talk page
- Add any possible victims from  to : Honor Killing Index
- Add stuff from Talk:Rape in Islam to Rape in Islam, for the meaning of 'right hand'.
- Aisha and Puberty - Add some of the info from here
- Muhammad's Companions and Pedophilia - add section about Fatima's marriage to Ali, aged 9-11
Quran, Hadith and Scholars
- Qur'an, Hadith and Scholars:Women - Many of the quotes are obscure. This is not neccesery since there are much more authoritative texts available (Qur'an, sahih hadith, etc.,) that make the exact same points. Find these and replace quotes.
- Talk:Qur'an, Hadith and Scholars - Add quotes to relevant pages and/or create new QHS pages
- Read through all the Jami` at-Tirmidhi, Sunan an-Nasa'i and Sunan Ibn Majah hadith found here. Add to relevant QHS page and "Revelational Circumstances of the Qur'an" pages.
- Qur'an, Hadith and Scholars:Jihad & Qur'an, Hadith and Scholars:Dhimmitude: Both pages are a mess. They need to be rewritten/rearranged. The Dhimmitude page also has very little actually related to dhimmitude.
- Qur'an, Hadith and Scholars:Islamic Silliness - Possible additions 
- Qur'an, Hadith and Scholars:Wives and Concubines of Muhammad - Add all the tabari quotes
- Qur'an, Hadith and Scholars:Muhammad and Warmongering has more sources concerning the Banu Qurayza than our Qur'an, Hadith and Scholars:Banu Qurayza page. The QHS page for Banu Qurayza should be the page that contains all available sources concerning them, while the sub-section in "Muhammad the Warmonger" should only be a summary of sources with our "main article" template added.
- Qur'an, Hadith and Scholars:Sexuality - Add more hadiths relating to sex or sexual issues in this life and afterlife (virgins, sexual power of men in heaven etc).
- Qur'an,_Hadith_and_Scholars:Aisha#Fatwas - Add additional hadiths linked in Fatwa box . So "See 12, 13, 14" on our page ... should all be added on the page. Also add additional thighing evidence from  - fatwa 41409
- Attitudes of the Imams and leaders - big collection of quotes. Find sources then add the suitable quotes to QHS. Avoid unimportant leaders of small (usually Western) mosques and obscure 'extremists' such as Anjem Choudary, Abu Hamza or Omar Bakri.
- Category:Random Templates - expand to include new articles
- Persecution of Bahais in Iran - completely rewrite and move to Bahá'í Faith. All faiths and worldviews face persecution in Muslim countries, so one should not be given undue weight over the other. Since they are an offshoot of Islam and accept the Qur'an and Muhammad as part of their faith, this article should focus only on the criticism of the Bahai Faith (see here, here, and here for some ideas).
- Justice - rewrite. Remove all references to the Bible or Judaism.
- Amputation in Islam - rewrite. Remove all qhs quotes and make seperate sections covering all countries that do amputations.
- Contradictions in the Hadith - Add more contradictions
- Muslim Statistics (Rituals and Festivals) - add stats .
- WikiIslam:Sandbox/Forgiveness - This ancient page needs a rewrite. See the talk page for some more ancient deleted stuff that could possibly be integrated
- Islamic Antisemitism - Add a section about how Jews are described as animals in the Qur'an and Hadith.
- See: Talk:Persecution of Ex-Muslims (Bangladesh)
- Complete unfinished news pages by adding news from the relevant time periods (July 2012, November 2012 & December 2012)
- See: Talk:Honor Related Violence (Pakistan)
- See: Talk:Islam and Freedom of Speech (Links)
- See: Talk:Muslim Statistics
- Muslim Conspiracy Theories - This claim (, ) about Michael Jackson's death (the theory in general) may deserve its own section. Check the net to see how widespread it is.
- Create categories for every country found here. Then add categories to all relevant pages
- Islam and Freedom of Speech - Keeping the basic article there, create separate pages for the "In the Modern World" sections (e.g. Muhammad Cartoons Controversy, Nigeria and the Miss World Pageant etc.), adding/updating with extra information where needed
- Islam and Freedom of Speech - Add section on recent Pakistani Blasphemy cases and murders
- Allah the Polytheist - Responses by D335, Shapur II, Anthony Rogers, and Sam Shamoun to Osama Abdallah's apologetics can be found here. Try to somehow incorporate all the info into the article. If this is not possible, then create a "Responses to Apologetics" section.
- Quotations on Islam from Notable Muslims - More quotes are needed.
- Punishments - Ideally each type of punishment should have a general article and a QHS page, together with its own hub page. For example the content from Amputation should be moved to another title, e.g. Amputation in Islam, freeing that page to serve as a "hub". Then the the QHS quotes should be moved to Qur'an, Hadith and Scholars:Amputation. After this is done, the Amputation in Islam page should be expanded to include information that is gained from the quotes and to respond to the dishonest apologetics etc.
- Literature on Islam - Similar to the "Notable Former Muslims" task. Create pages for each linked book.
- Notable Former Muslims - Just as much "new content" as it is an Expansion/Improvement. Create short but concise informational stubs on each notable former Muslim to replace the out-going links we have in that page at the moment. Who they are and brief info on their apostasy. The information for this should already be available in the existing links which can serve as an "External Link" in the new pages.
- Funding of Islam, Moderate Islam & Rule of Islamic law; articles are incomplete and may need to be rewritten.
- Update Muhammad and the Violation of the Qur'an and add if needed from the new part 2
- Adult Suckling - Completely rewrite. misses out some stuff (workplace, 5 times etc), see : and research other sites too.
- Victim of Islam
- Check if hadith pages are back on the CMJE site and then restore if they are ()
- Replace Broken link fixes for old usc MSA website --> Link search (gives error after 500 links, total links: 1000) - Use text search and replace beginning part of URL with new URL
- See: Talk:Quotations on Islam from Notable Non-Muslims
- Necrophilia, get the original sources (need Arabic help) Other links: check and add where appropriate or make new article. Additional info: jtf (check video), , , FFI, MEMRI, video 1:40
- Nikah 1, 2, 3. Include definition from Lane's Lexicon (the actual PDF not just the summary)
- Ahmadiyya - add criticism of how they continue to be apologists for mainstream Islam by passing off distinctly Ahmadiyya beliefs as Islamic ones, e.g.: , 
- WikiIslam:Sandbox/Teachings of Islam compared to US Laws and the Constitution: Re-do article, take out questions and opinions. Compare the US constitution to teachings of Islam. Compare in a table, side by side.
- Islamic Inventions? How Islamic Inventors Did Not Change The World - redesign so it looks like our Muslim Statistics pages. Analysis of each invention may need to be expanded upon.
- Fix all quotes for Islam Undressed
- Parallelism Between the Qur'an and Judeo-Christian Scriptures - reformat and fix references
- http://www.flex.com/~jai/satyamevajayate/ - add everything from here, if sources can be attributed
- Re-write WikiIslam:Sandbox/Muhammad and his Wives. Look at the references, remove unnecessary stuff that is not neutral or related to criticism of Islam, remove statements that are assumptions or opinions not stated in the sources.
- Zakat - Expand this stub using the info on Qur'an, Hadith and Scholars:Zakat, including real-world examples on Islamic charity being denied to non-Muslims and being used to fund jihad  (paragraph above conclusion), 
- Rewrite Black Stone.
- ThisIsTheTruthUncut - article about the series of interviews by TheRationalizer
- Find a way to contact the blog owner of The Skeptic Mind and ask if select posts can be imported as essays.
- Responses to Apologetics: Apostasy in Islam - Similar to this page: Responses to Apologetics: Muhammad and Aisha
- Muhammad's Physical Appearance - An article describing his appearance according to Islamic sources. Could also create a related QHS page. Interesting links: , , 
- Responses to Apologetics: Muslim Terrorism - Similar to this page: Responses to Apologetics: Muhammad and Aisha
- Import all of Bin Laden's letters and transcripts: . Once completed, create links to his hub page.
- Responses to Apologetics: Slavery and Racism - Similar to this page: Responses to Apologetics: Muhammad and Aisha
- Muhammad vs David Koresh - A side by side comparison in a table format (interesting links: )
- Assembly of Muslim Jurists of America - Interesting links: , . link translations via a hub page (AMJA)
- Qur'an, Hadith and Scholars:Dhul-Qarnayn - see:  & 
- Create page for Ad Verecundiam, then add to hub page.
- Import the various Muslim Brotherhood manifestos for our library.
- Made Victorious Through Terror - links: ,
- Quran Identifies the Sex of the Worker Ant - links: , , ,
- Qur'an, Hadith and Scholars:72 Virgins - Gather all sources from 72 Virgins and related pages
- Breastfeeding in the Qur'an - links: , , 
- Islamophobic Muslims - a page that gives a brief narrative of the neologisms creation and lists Muslims who would fall under the label, thus showing how ridiculous and/or misapplied the term is. (, , , , , ) Maybe also add a section about Shi'ites and Sunnis who constantly demonise each other and who should also fall under this label. Also a section on Muslims who espouse the exact same views of Islam which critics/"Islamophobes" claim about Islam. (, , , , ), , , . Muslims claiming they are all "Osama" or "terrorists":, , , 
- Abdul Azeez ibn Baaz - mainly to cover the "flat earth" incident. Interesting links: , , 
- Internet Jihad - Article covering the Islamic phenomena of Internet Jihad. Muslim hacking of internet websites, death threats to internet critics, the tracking down and murder of critics etc. and the fact that Muslims openly discuss hacking sites and do not see this illegal activity conflicting with their faith. Useful links: , , , , , , , 
- The Extremist Majority: What a Billion Muslims Really Think - See WikiIslam:Tasks/Article_Notes#The Extremist Majority: What a Billion Muslims Really Think
- Converts to the Nation of Islam - Article listing famous converts to "Islam" who are actually converts to the Nation of Islam (orthodox Muslims hate them and none consider their members to be "Muslims"... except for propaganda purposes)
- When the Holy Nar'uq is completed, create a video similar to Nick Gisburne's video.
- Create a video response to Islam: What Was The Age Of Aisha (RA) When She Got Married ?. All of the arguments made in that video have already been refuted here
- Muslim Desecration of Other Scriptures - See WikiIslam:Tasks/Article_Notes#Muslim_Desecration_of_Other_Scriptures
- Quotations on Islam from Notable Critics - Possibly include: , . See ,  for ideas. When completed, add to Quotations on Islam hub page
- Tupac Shakur (Conversion to Islam) - an article refuting a claim made by some Muslims of Tupac converting to Islam
- Munafiq (Hypocrites in Islam) - From our Glossary of Islamic Terms "A munafiq is a hypocrite. In particular, this term applies to apostates who hides their apostasy, and peaceful Muslims who refuse to participate in jihad. This is made clear in Q.4.150-151. See also 4.66 , 4.74, and 4.88." For more help and ideas, see: , , and 
- Reported Incidents of Violent Islamic Punishments - Once finished, link to Punishments hub page
- Top 10 Absurd Arguments Used to Defend Islam - inspiration for article , When Muslims shout "Allah Akbar!" during persecution of non-Muslims it's really in support of the persecuted , Aisha was not really the pre-pubescent daughter of Abu Bakr, but his adult sister , When Allah says to beat your wives he really means to send them away , Yemeni passenger who stormed cockpit shouting 'Allahu Akbar' may have been looking for toilet, Qur'an talks about (white) raisins, not virgins . Once complete, link to Top 10 Lists under "Main Articles"
- Create article on Muhammad's wives (call it: Muhammad and his Wives) based on the Sources. This article would talk about all the controversial stuff that happened between Muhammad and his wives. Full quotes for hadiths/verses do not have to be given. For references just use the hadith/verse numbers. Link the Sources page at the end in See Also and that will be enough as sources. It would have separate sections for the important wives (Aisha, Safiyah etc) and a combined section for other wives where there's not enough material to warrant a separate section. We have several wife related articles and we'll link those at the end. This is another "overall" article serving as the starting point for all other wife related stuff.
- Article for violent punishments in Islam: stoning, publish lashings, amputation of hands and feet. Combine all issues into one article. Start out with what Islamic sources say. Record any public incidents. Related hadiths are found here. Related links and sources: (news: ), gold medalist who stole flag, flogging video
- Article: "Islamic ban on pork" (or better title): Article that discusses the uselessness of the Islamic ban on pork. For that, it should talk about diseases in other kinds of uncooked meat, any harms or benefits of different kinds of cooked or uncooked meat. Also look at pork eating non-Muslim countries and compare public health to health in Muslim countries. Interesting links: ,
- Muhammad's Parents - sources that point out Abdullah died 4 years before Aminah gave birth to him. Compile into other 'shocking facts', including How he wasnt a Muslim before 40 (prophethood), his parents weren't Muslims (and are in hell), and the other things said by Younas Shaikh for which he was jailed for blasphemy. Useful links: 
- Contact Nimbu for a testimony 
- Create account on meetup.com and ask this guy for a testimony
- Sana Palimpsets - Create article on the Sanaa manuscript fragments.
- Conditions surrounding Muhammad - explore the environment under which Islam developed. This means surrounding areas before and during the life of Muhammad. This will give us some explanation of why Muhammad said and did the things he did. What were the norms back then? Violence, misogyny, etc?
- Thighing - article listing the hadiths and anything else to do with the topic. Links: 
- Surah like it Challenge - add the contents of نشيد إخناتون and get together other people who have submitted Surah's like it (ie suralikeit.com)
- Article on how actions of today are the results of Islam, such as here (turning kidnapped women into wives)
- Create article from table List of Wars lead by Muhammad
- Maryam - An article discussing the Islamic Mary. include the points mentioned on Islam and the People of the Book - The Virgin Mary
- Possible article? A comparison of the Quran and the Mein Kampf (PDF of Mein Kampf) As a starting point, see Mein Kampf & Islam
- "Criteria for Bukhari's ahadith" (Sani's article)
- Female Circumcision. Some useful links: Fatwa with various hadith, Fatwa that says FGM is Islamic and not an Inherited custom, Islam Q&A search for "female circumcision", Statistics regarding FGM, Answering Islam page, and Clitoridectomy; Wikipedia; The Age and Islam. See also the responses to the usual lies or distortions used by Muslim apologists here and here.
- Early Islam and Modern Islamic Extremism - table can show a side by side comparison of the two (beheadings, assassinations, discrimination against women, hostility towards non-Muslims, harsh punishments). Taliban and extremist/terrorist groups and fundamentalist imams/preachers can be compared. Compare teachings also and quotes from scholars and Muhammad, also side by side.
- Create Flogging and Beheading articles. Be sure to follow the format used in our Amputation, Stoning and Crucifixion articles. Once finished, link to Punishments hub page
- Genesis According to Islam - write a narrative of the Islamic Creation story using the sources found here: Qur'an, Hadith and Scholars:Creation. Useful summary and links:, . Then discuss the modern-day implications for women, etc. Once complete, add to the Creation hub page
- Islam and the Golden Rule
- Azizah al-Hibri
- Article Muslim - who is a true Muslim: one who follows Islam's beliefs and practices as they were in the days of Muhammad. The closest they follow that, the more true a Muslim they are.
- Music and its Health Benefits and link short summary from Islam and Science: collection of different anti-music teachings of Islam from hadiths, scholars and fatwas. Also include Benefits of listening to and playing music, if any, proven in scientific research and studies (lower stress, creativity etc): Music 'Tones the Brain,' Improves Learning, Palliative Care Patients Benefit from Unique Music Therapy Project, Science Has Even More Reasons That Your Kids Should Learn Music, Why Music Moves Us, also: , , long article, , .
- Raisins or Virgins? - needs its own page to attempt to dispel this lie that's propagated. Copy/paste relevant verses, translations of the relevant words with commentaries, quote all notable people who have used the false translation (Irshad Manji, etc)
- Islam and Sexuality: summaries of topics for articles about: pedophilia, homosexuality, bestiality, houri etc
- A Guide to Criticism of Islam (essay) - Brief introduction for types of criticism and the pros/cons of each. Suggestions on how to approach criticism and things to avoid
- Create Debating Guide, a series of pages for topics which are commonly debated about. Its main page will give general advice on debating. This is to help people who are debating about Islam. These pages will be short and quick to read for the reader. For example Debating Guide:My topic. For some topics people can be asked to check the detailed pages such as: Responses to Apologetics: Muhammad and Aisha. There may be some duplication of content as some pages have "Responses to apologetics" section. The idea is to make it easy for people to get the knowledge they need in debates. Links to popular debate topics to make it easy for people to know what links or information to use.
- "Did you know" random content boxes, or pages listing interesting facts, quotations and stuff from other pages (e.g. things from Kalachakra Tantra and so on). Random content however has the problem that its not active for our site unless specific pages are excluded from caching. However stand alone "Did you know" pages can be made.
- Detailed article for Inheritance Laws, (currently a redirect) should deal with Muslim rebuttals such as ,  etc. Also see comments here
- FFI Forum post import project
- People Who Left Islam - Add ex-muslim testimonies from * here. One is on that page and the others are linked on the right. These people will have to be individually contacted (if contact information is available) and asked for permission. Once you have permission, proceed as follows: create their page from the form. Fill out the form with as much information as you can get from their testimony or website/blog. Contact them to ask for missing information. [* check for testimony This person] may also be an ex-muslim. You'll have to leave a comment in their blog and ask them to email you for something important. When they email you back, only then mention that it would be great if they could write a short testimony of them leaving Islam.
- Hadith exporing project: We will collect all the hadiths that exist which we can collect and gain access to and start going through them to find whatever is useful for the QHS page series (Qur'an, Hadith and Scholars:Islamic Silliness and so on). Likely a lot many hadiths will be found and new pages can be created for new categories if needed.
- Expand Islam Illustrated, add from: Qur'an, Hadith and Scholars:Islamic Silliness and any others. Sample: Islam Illustrated: Saluting Stone
These are on-going tasks that have to be done periodically.
- Check if any articles are present in this category, which has some sub-categories: Category:Articles needing attention
- Category:Article Tasks: Specific tasks for certain articles
- Adding new websites to Islam on the Net
- Scanning FFI forum's ex-muslim section for new testimonies and contacting them to get permission for publishing their testimony here.
- Qur'an, Hadith and Scholars - Temporary page - categorize any hadiths present on this page
Other periodic tasks:
- Checking Recent Changes and reverting vandalism and removing spam (usually not frequent)
- Archiving external links. If they are not active, you may need to retrieve an archived version from The Wayback Machine or find an alternative.
- Main page items
- WikiIslam:Latest News
- WikiIslam:Latest Translations
- WikiIslam:New Articles and WikiIslam:New Articles List
- WikiIslam:Testimonies Mainpage
- Delete redirects from Category:Temporary Redirect as needed
- Check external links: A program called Xenu can be installed to automatically check external links on the whole website. View this short 30 second video to see how it works. It can be used to scan only one page, or the whole WikiIslam website. URL patterns can be excluded or included. It will show which URL's are not working and it will also show the pages where the broken URLs were found.
- Tips for using Xenu:
- To scan only a certain page on your site and stop Xenu from scanning all the pages on your site, exclude these two URLs: http://wikiislam.net, and http://www.wikiislam.net
- Under View, Click "Show only broken URL's"
- Report: You can click "Yes" at the end when it asks to generate a report. The report may or may not be useful. If you clicked No, it can also be accessed in the menu 'File -> Report'
- For each broken URL, right click and choose "Copy URL" and then "Open in Browser".
- Verify and delete/replace links: Reported broken links should be manually verified for many reasons:
- Sometimes the website has the content but has a new page. If its a 404 (not found), check the root of the website (visit www.mywebsite.com, instead of mywebsite.com/broken_article.htm) to see if the website is still working. If yes do a Google search to find the content. Use site summaries or content to find the page. If its not found, it may have been deleted.
- Sometimes a website may be blocking Xenu (thinking its some kind of spam bot) and Xenu will report it as 'blocked' or similar. Manually verifying the link will tell you if the link actually works or not.
- If you are scanning multiple pages on the site or the whole website (our website, not external sites), you can see where the broken URL appears by right clicking on the broken URL and choosing 'Properties'. The last entry for the URL will show you the page where the broken URL was found.
- It is possible that the DDOS protection for Wikiislam may block Xenu. If that happens, wait for some time and adjust the concurrent URL's to be only 1 or 2 and see if you can make other adjustments to slow down the scanning.
- Tips for using Xenu:
System Generated Reports
These system generated are helpful in finding some routine cleanup/formatting tasks:
- Broken Pages/redirects/image links:
- Special:WantedPages - pages that have red links. In other words, these may be broken links. Some can be ignored (for example links in templates imported from Wikipedia)
- Broken Redirects - these are usually never found but check once in a while
- Missing Image files - see if you can find missing images for these files. Some files may not be needed to be uploaded (for example some wikipedia images from wikipedia templates)
- Orphaned pages - these pages are not linked from anywhere and should be linked from relevant existing articles.
- Dead end pages - pages that dont link to anything on the wiki. Relevant links according to article content should be introduced in these pages.
- Short Pages - Pages that have small amount of content. Check into the possibility of adding content or merging into other articles or deleting the pages if they're not necessary
- Long Pages - this lists pages that are very long. Look into the possibility of splitting these pages into sub-pages and dividing them with the use of temnplates to link them up together.
- Unused Templates - some of these can be deleted
- New Pages - new pages that have been created recently. Check these for formatting issues and any other improvements (content/aesthetics/interlinking/categories).
- Uncategorized pages - see if you can add any existing/new categories to these pages
See Maintenance reports section in Special Pages for other Maintenance related reports
Former Muslim Updates
1. Clean all individual pages for grammar, spelling or formatting issues. Take care of categories.
2. If it's interesting but there's less than 300 words in the testimony, move it here: http://wikiislam.com/wiki/Comments_from_Former_Muslims
If there's only a sentence or two, or no testimony at all and only bio info, ask one of the admins to delete it.
3. Announce new testimonies in the Main table (Here and here). Keep the number of testimonies in "Latest Testimonies" fixed to 8 by removing the last one. Just follow the previous examples for how to format the data.
Tasks for Articles in Other Languages
After more Arabic articles are created and portal/summary page is created:
- Ya2mar_-_Former_Muslim (testimony)
Temporary to do tasks
- Improve Translation process: add/create easy to follow steps. Make WikiIslam:Instructions for Translation. Move material from WikiIslam:Translations#Steps_and_Guidelines and expand.