WikiIslam:Join the Team
A lot of hard work has been done by editors who are passionate about compiling factual information on Islam, and as a result we have grown. Currently, an average of 250,000 people visit us every month to read 2,858 articles, generating approximately 500,000 page views. And, as of September 2014, Alexa.com places us within the top 70,000 most visited websites.
One of our highest priorities are to develop a more active editor community (see a list of currently active editors or see the list), and encourage more people to edit the site while keeping in line with our guidelines and quality standards. If you have any suggestions for how this can be achieved or are interested in becoming a regular editor, please and leave a message on the relevant Discussions page.
Ways To Help
Help can come in various forms, including:
- New ideas: We need ideas in the following two areas:
- How to attract more editors, increase editing activity and create an active vibrant community.
- Bold and creative ideas on how to improve this site. We have certain ways of doing things but we are always open to suggestions, improvements and changes.
- Content-writing: Help us complete our existing tasks which either involve writing new articles, or improving existing ones. We attempt to provide helpful hints on how to complete a certain task (the help page is under construction).
- Data scanning and collection: We have large collections of Hadiths which need to be scanned and read so they can be added to our Qur'an, Hadith and Scholars collection.
- Translations: We need native speakers of languages to translate our articles. All languages are welcome, especially those spoken by a large number of Muslims, such as Indonesian, Urdu, Bengali and Arabic. We already host completed translations in various language and have even opened dedicated sub-domains for our Russian and Bulgarian articles.
- Copy-editing: This would involve improving wiki-formatting, grammar, layout, merging or splitting topics and linking other relevant articles.
- Marketing: If you own a blog or website, linking to us or creating a blog post to let your readers know is a quick and easy way to help. If you frequent forums then you could add our URL to your signature. If you see a place on the Internet where you think this site should be linked, you could contact the owner and ask if they would link to us.
- Donations: Donations will be used for hosting and domain fees. See the donation section for details.
In the case of content writing, you are a good candidate for being an editor if:
- you are passionate about criticism of Islam
- you are familiar with mainstream Islamic theology and its scriptures
- you pay attention to detail
- you are good at researching information through search engines and other information sources
- you can differentiate between valid and invalid criticism (e.g. the concept of 72 virgins is valid, while the claim that 666 is holy is not).
You will spend your time reading, gathering and verifying facts about Islam and writing them into the website. See this page for details on some projects: WikiIslam:Tasks/Article Notes.
If you have read any books related to the criticism of Islam, why not submit a summary of its major points? Some examples of what we are aiming for can be viewed here, here and here. We have a page listing many books critical of Islam, but works not included on the list are also welcome. If you are not familiar with how to format a wiki page, just post the text and another editor will add the formatting and cover image for you.
If you are a blogger/forumer etc. and are not interested in creating or expanding WikiIslam's encyclopedic and counter-apologetic content, why not write an essay/op-ed instead? If you would like to submit an essay/op-ed, fill out this form. For some examples of what we expect, see our featured essays/op-eds page.
We are grateful to our donors. Currently we are not in need of donations.
Explore the Site
- WikiIslam:Site Map (navigate the entire site from one page)
- Recent Changes (this shows the most recent edits on the site)
- New Articles List (50 of the most recent main space articles)
- Active Users (an automatically generated list of users who performed an action in the last 30 days. If you want to look at who is doing what, this is a good place to start at. You can click on the Contribs link for each user to see their edits)
- Discussions (discussions between editors. Drop in and say hello. There is also a separate page for Visitor inquiries)
- Statistics (some system-generated statistics for the site)
- WikiIslam:Message to New Users (if you have been directed to this page by a site administrator, this is not optional, but a requirement)
- WikiIslam:Required Reading for Editors (read the "Initial Reading" section to familiarize yourself with the kind of site we are)
If you have any comments, questions or concerns for us, or if you are interested in joining our team, take a few seconds to Discussions page. We look forward to hearing from you.and leave a message at the relevant