WikiIslam:Join Our Team!
A lot of hard work has been done by editors who are passionate about compiling factual criticism of Islam. And as a result, we have grown. Currently, an average of 120,000 people visit us every month to read 2,674 articles, generating approximately 300,000 page views.
Currently our highest priorities are to develop a more active editor community and encourage more people to edit the site while keeping in line with our guidelines. If you have any suggestions for how this can be achieved or are interested in becoming a regular editor, please write to us at wikiislamgmail.com, or on the forum page.
Ways To Help Us
Help can come in various forms, including:
- New ideas: We need ideas in the following two areas:
- How to attract more editors, increase editing activity and create an active vibrant community.
- Bold and creative ideas on how to improve this site. We have certain ways of doing things but we're always open to suggestions, improvements and changes.
- Content-writing: Help us complete our existing tasks which either involve writing new articles, or improving existing ones. We attempt to provide helpful hints on how to complete a certain task (the help page is under construction).
- Data scanning and collection: We have large collections of Hadiths, which need to be scanned and read so they can be added to our Qur'an, Hadith and Scholars collection.
- Translations: We need native speakers of languages to translate some important articles. We are interested in all popular languages, especially those spoken in large Muslim countries such as Indonesian, Urdu, Bengali and Arabic. We already host some French and Russian articles.
- Copy-editing: This would involve improving wiki-formatting, grammar, layout, merging or splitting topics and linking other relevant articles.
- Marketing: If you own a blog or website, linking to us is a quick and easy way to help. If you frequent forums then you could add our URL to your signature. If you see a place on the Internet where you think this site should be linked, you could contact the owner and ask if they would link to us.
- Donations: Donations will be used for hosting and domain fees. See the donation section below for details.
If you're interested in any of these tasks (especially #2 and 3) let us know.
In the case of content writing, you're a good candidate for being an editor if:
- you are passionate about criticism of Islam
- you are familiar with mainstream Islamic theology and its scriptures
- you pay attention to detail
- you are good at researching information through search engines and other information sources
- you can differentiate between valid criticism (e.g. the concept of 72 virgins) and invalid ones (e.g. the claim that 666 is holy in Islam)
You will spend your time reading, gathering and verifying facts about Islam and writing them into the website. See this page for details on some projects: WikiIslam:Tasks/Article Notes.
If you have read any books related to the criticism of Islam, why not submit a summary of its major points? Some examples of what we are aiming for can be viewed here, here and here. We have a page listing many books critical of Islam, but works not included on the list are also welcome. If you are not familiar with how to format a wiki page, just post the text and another editor will add the formatting and cover image for you.
If you are a blogger/forumer etc. and are not interested in creating or expanding WikiIslam's encyclopedic and counter-apologetic content, why not write an essay/op-ed instead? If you would like to submit an essay/op-ed, fill out this form. For some examples of what we expect, see our featured essays/op-eds page.
In the past we have had some work done through paid editing such as Honor Killing Index and Accidents and Natural Disasters in the Muslim World. Testimonies of former Muslims were imported from various sources. Some examples include: Freedom To Choose (former Muslim), The Apostate (former Muslim). Other article imports include Islam: A Critical Analysis. Some existing content was restructured, e.g. Islamic Prophecies, Islam Undressed (work imported and updated from the now defunct IslamUndressed.com website).
We are grateful to our donors. Currently we are not in need of donations.
To familiarize yourself with our mission and the kind of site we are, please see the following links:
- Policies and Guidelines (see 'acceptable contributions')
- WikiIslam (see 'about' section)
- Frequently Asked Questions
Send us a Message
If you have any comments, questions or concerns for us, or if you're interested in joining our team, take a few seconds to forum or email us at wikiislamgmail.com. We look forward to hearing from you.and leave a message at the