Contradictions in the Hadith
This article or section is being renovated.
This page deals with contradictions in the Hadith.
Did Muhammad see Allah?
Narrated Masruq:'Aisha said, "If anyone tells you that Muhammad has seen his Lord, he is a liar, for Allah says: 'No vision can grasp Him.' (6.103) And if anyone tells you that Muhammad has seen the Unseen, he is a liar, for Allah says: 'None has the knowledge of the Unseen but Allah.'"
You should wash once
Narrated Ibn 'Abbas:The Prophet performed ablution by washing the body parts only once.
You should wash twice
Narrated 'Abdullah bin Zaid:The Prophet performed ablution by washing the body parts twice.
You should wash thrice
Do evil omens exist?
Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: There isno transitive disease, no evil omen, no safar, no hama…
Narrated 'Abdullah bin Umar: Allah's Messenger said, "there is neither 'Adha nor Tiyara,and an evil omen is only in three: a horse, a woman and a house."
Protection from Dajjal
The first ten al-Kahf verses
Or the end al-Kahf?
Two rak'ats after Asr
It's recommended to offer two rak'ats
Narrated ‘Aisha: Allah’s Messenger never missed two Rakat before the Fajr prayer and after the Asrprayer openly and secretly
It's forbidden to offer two rak'ats
Narrated Abu Huraira: Allah’s Messenger forbade the offering of two prayers: 1. after the morning prayer till the sunrises.2. after the ‘Asr prayer till the sun sets.
Dajjal blind in which eye?
Standing while drinking something
How long was Muhammad in Mecca for?
Narrated Anas bin Malik: The Prophet was neither conspicuously tall, nor short; neither, very white, nor tawny. His hair was neither much curled, nor very straight. Allah sent him (as an Messenger) at the age of forty (and after that) he stayed for ten years in Makkah, and for ten more years in Medina. Allah took him unto Him at the age of sixty, and he scarcely hadten white hairs on his head and in his beard
Narrated Ibn Abbas: Allah's Messenger started receiving the Divine Inspiration at the age of forty. Then he stayed in Makkah for thirteen years, receiving the Divine Revelation. Then he was ordered to migrate and he lived as an Emigrant for ten years and then died at the ageof sixty-three (years).
Ibn 'Abbas reported that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) stayed in Makkah for fifteen years (after his advent as a Prophet) and he heard the voice of Gabriel and saw his radiance for seven years but did not see any visible form, and then receivedrevelation for ten years, and he stayed in Medina for ten years.
Gold and Silver
Narrated 'Umar bin Al-Khattab: Allah's Messenger said, "The bartering of gold forsilver is Riba (usury), except if it is from hand to hand and equal in amount
Narrated Abdur-Rahman bin Abu Bakra: that his father said, "The Prophet forbade the selling of gold for gold and silver for silver except if they are equivalent in weight, and allowed us to sell gold for silver and vice versa as wewished.
Narrated Abu Bakra: Allah's Messenger said, "Don't sell gold for gold unless equal in weight, nor silver for silver unless equal in weight, but you could sell gold for silveror silver for gold as you like."
Ubida b. al-Simit (Allah be pleased with him) reported Allah's Messenger (peace beupon him) as saying: [u]Gold is to be paid for by gold, silver by silver
Who collected the Quran?
Narrated Qatada: I asked Anas bin Malik: Who collected the Qur'an at the time of theProphet ? He replied, Four, all of whom were from the Ansar, Ubai bin Ka'b, Muadh bin Jabal, Zaid bin Thabit and Abu Zaid.
Narrated Anas bin Malik: When the Prophet died, none had collected the Qur'an but four persons: Abu Ad Darda, Mu'adh bin Jabal, Zaid bin Thabit and Abu Zaid. We were the inheritor (of AbuZaid) as he had no offspring .
25 times or 27 times superior?
- A Hadith recorded by Bukhari and Abu Dawud suggests that drawing blood violates one's fast, while another Hadith recorded by the same scholars suggests Muhammad had his blood drawn while fasting.
- Hanbal recorded a Hadith where Muhammad forbid the people to face towards the Qibla while relieving themselves, while Bukhari recorded the opposite, that Muhammad had his own toilet point towards the Qiblah in order to discourage superstition.
- Ibn Kutayba wrote a book dealing solely with contradictory Hadith, such as one in which Muhammad kissed his wives while fasting, and one in which he answered a query by stating that kissing one's wife violated a fast.
- Although Bukhari records a Hadith where Muhammad urinated while standing, Sunneni Nesei stated that "if someone says to you that the Prophet urinated standing, do not believe him".
- Abu Dawud recorded two Hadith, one in which the speaker says he saw the Prophet standing and drinking water "like you and me", and another in which he forbids drinking water while standing upright.
- Hadith states that Muhammad had forbidden people to perform marriages, or seek spouses, while performing the Hajj. Yet he is believed to have married Maymuna bint al-Harith while performing the pilgrimage himself.
- While Tahzibut Tazhib records that Muhammad ordered his followers to cover their calves as they were a part of their genitals, Hanbal recorded that Umar and Muhammad were both reclining with their calves uncovered when Abu Bakr requested entrance to their domicile, and was granted access and that they did not cover themselves.
- Hadith - A hub page that leads to other articles related to Hadith
- Quranic.org, Contradictory Hadiths